Episode 016: In this episode Dr. Debby Hamilton discusses taking care of kids with Autism, Asperger’s and ADHD + how moms can get healthy before pregnancy, stay healthy during pregnancy and beyond.
Dr. Hamilton’s Bio:
Dr Debby Hamilton is the founder of Holistic Pediatric Consulting in Denver, CO. Her practice focuses on treating children with chronic diseases such as autism and ADHD and preconception counseling based on her book “Preventing Autism & ADHD: Controlling Risk Factors, Before, During & After Pregnancy”. She is board-certified in pediatrics, physician nutrition, and integrative/holistic medicine and has a Masters of Science degree in Public Health (MSPH). She is on the scientific board of the Neurological Health Foundation (www.neurologicalhealth.org) , a non-profit dedicated to the prevention of chronic disease in children.
A snapshot of the amazing things Dr. Debby shares with us:
- How were you drawn to specializing in kids health and moms?
- Why she choose a more integrative approach and can you describe what that approach looks like when a mom or child first arrives in your office.
- The struggles faced by the families of these children
- What are some more subtle signs of neurological issues that we as parents might miss
- Her book, Preventing Autism & ADHD: Controlling Risk Factors Before, During & After Pregnancy….Dr. Debby gives our listeners some basic strategies for the before, during and after
Top 1,2, or 3 simple and easy tips:
- Organic Food
- Environmental Working Groups Dirty Dozen food list
- Cosmetic Database for choosing low to non-toxic personal care products
Connect with Dr. Debby: