The festive season is a time of cheer and thanksgiving. Families get together and bond over the memories they have made all year. This is the right time to show your cooking skills. Switch things up by catering to the dietary needs of your family. Help your family maintain their health by preparing a balanced diet that will help them maintain their nutrient levels. Instead of having an unhealthy dish complete with a sugary dessert, opt for a balanced diet. There are numerous diets to choose from, ranging from vegan to ketogenic diets. Below is a homemade beef brisket recipe that could come in handy during the festive season.
Beef Brisket Recipe
Preparing this dish is quite easy. In fact, it is safe to say the dish self-cooks. This is a good festive season dish since it gives you enough time to bond with the family. You could just place all the ingredients in the cooking pot and let them cook. The fact that it does not involve many procedures to prepare makes it the ideal recipe for a person who is learning how to cook. Show off to the family with this amazing recipe. It is filled with nutrients, but mainly proteins. This makes it good for people who are suffering from diseases such as anemia, gluten intolerance, and even celiac disease. The ingredients will help them increase their iron levels rapidly and naturally. Iron supplements might be an alternative; however, they are not easily assimilated into the body and have been reported to cause extra health problems.
- One and a half pounds of stew meat, shoulder roast, flank rib, or brisket
- Three cups of chicken stock
- Eight peeled and sliced garlic cloves
- Eight ounces of sliced mushrooms
- Eight one and half-inch thickly sliced carrots
- One large chopped onion
- One tablespoon of onion powder
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- Half a teaspoon of Celtic sea salt
- Place the following fully prepared ingredients into the cooking pot: Carrots, Mushrooms, Garlic, and Onion. You have the option of allowing them to cook a little before going to the next step, or you could just move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle the ingredients with salt, onion powder, and garlic powder, in the appropriate ratios.
- Place whichever meet you opted for in the centre of the pot with the ingredients spaced out on the sides.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low temperature. Let the ingredients cook for between six to eight hours. This will allow you t bond with your family as the meal cooks itself.
- Serve when hot. Could be accompanied by roasted vegetables, mashed cauliflower, or even paleo dirty rice.
You could encourage your family to work out during the festive season by enrolling them in highly active sporting activities such as hiking, skating, or even swimming. The activities could help them stretch and work some of their muscles as they bond. Make the activities inclusive of all family age groups.