Are you craving lasagna during this festive season? If you are, then this is the appropriate healthy lasagna recipe for you. It is quite easy to pack up some extra calorie during this festive Christmas season. The season has an inactive nature that increases appetite. Families get together and bond over the memories they have made all year. This is the right time to show your cooking skills. Switch things up by catering to the dietary needs of your family. Help your family maintain their health by preparing a balanced diet that will help them maintain their nutrient levels. Instead of having an unhealthy dish complete with a sugary dessert, opt for a balanced diet.
In addition to this, some families opt for buying their dinners or eating in restaurants because of the time consumption due to preparing these meals. However, there are numerous homemade, easy, and quick recipes to choose from such as the Butternut Squash Lasagna dish.
Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe
This Paleo approved recipe provides a satiating feeling that reduces the chances of developing cravings. It offers a wide range of nutrients that could still be supplemented by other nutritious ingredients like cheese and vegetables. This is the appropriate dish for fussy eaters like children. The dish has the ability to hide vegetables such as mushrooms and spinach, among others. This dish is open to additional ingredients such as the liver. You could just blend the undesired ingredients, no one will ever know. The preparation process is so easy that you could make it in different to serve your family whenever they need it.
Preparation: Fifteen minutes
Cook: Forty-five minutes
- One and a half pounds of ground beef
- One large peeled butternut squash that is cut into fine thin slices
- Four cups of tomato sauce
- Three minced garlic cloves
- One minced onion
- One tablespoon of dried oregano
- One tablespoon of dried basil
- Cooking fat
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Sea salt
- Turn your oven on and preheat it to about four hundred degrees Fahrenheit
- With the aid of a skillet or saucepan, melt the cooking fat. Place the garlic and onion in the pan for sautéing until they soften. This will take about fifteen minutes over medium to high heat.
- Place the meat in the pan and let it cook for about six minutes until it browns. This should be done over high heat.
- After the meat browns, you can now add the other ingredients, which include pepper, sea salt, oregano, basil, tomato paste, and tomato sauce. Once you mix them up, lower the heat and let the ingredients simmer for close to ten minutes.
- With the aid of a baking dish, take the meat sauce slices and alternate them with butternut squash slices. Layer the dish until all the ingredients are done.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven for close to twenty-five minutes. Alternatively, you could place it there until the butternut squash softens.