Are you looking for an easy and quick recipe to prepare for your family during the festive season? This is a time to bond and show your family how talented you are in making the most amazing dishes. Most people dread festive cooking since it seems to take up a lot of time, energy and resources. At the same time, most of the dishes prepared during this period are rarely healthy. People have deemed it a “cheat season”, where you could eat anything you want regardless of the calories and health issues related to consuming some dishes.
Make this festive season unique by opting for a healthy alternative. Instead of the usual calorie filled dishes and desserts with minimal exercise, try to get your family outside and help them eat a little bit healthier. Make it an active festive season. Enroll them in dancing classes or outdoor sporting activities that are inclusive of all the age groups in your family. You could start by trying out this amazing Baked Mustard Lime Chicken Recipe.
Baked Mustard Lime Chicken Recipe
This dinner recipe is easy and quick to prepare. You have the option of either grilling or baking it. Most people who have already tried it out encourage baking. Baking helps to retain the full flavor of the chicken when it mixes with cilantro and lime. The flavors infuse the chicken giving anyone who eats a feeling like no other. This healthy dinner solution is rich in various nutrients that are beneficial to the active nature of your festive season. You could serve it with asparagus on the side or any other leafy vegetable; preferably, a green vegetable. Make sure your family hydrates appropriately.
- A pound of chicken breast that is skinless and boneless
- Half a cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- Half a cup of fresh lime juice
- A quarter-cup of Dijon mustard
- A tablespoonful of chili powder
- A tablespoonful of olive oil
- Half a teaspoonful of ground black pepper
- Half a teaspoonful of Celtic sea salt
- With the aid of a food processor, mix the following ingredients: pepper, salt, chili, olive oil, mustard, cilantro, and limejuice. Use the “Pulse” option until you are sure that all the ingredients have mixed.
- Take the chicken breast and rinse it. Use a clean kitchen cloth to pat the meat dry and put it in a baking dish. The baking dish should be about seven by eleven inches.
- Take the pre-mixed marinade and pour it on the chicken breast. Make sure that the marinade covers the entire chicken. You could use a spoon to spread it on. Cover the chicken and place it in the refrigerator for at least fifteen minutes and at most six hours.
- Take it out and place it in the oven. Bake it for about twenty-two minutes, while it is not covered. The appropriate baking heat should be about three hundred and fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you could bake the dish until it hits a thermometer reading of one hundred and sixty-five degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove it from the oven and serve it while it is still hot.